Happy new year everyone! Here are Things That Happened in the last week or so:
- Celia Tichi is writing the history of the US through cocktails.
- I’ve been using the phrase “freedom of speech is not freedom of reach” for some time now, but just discovered the article which originated the phrase.
- Enjoyed Prey on Hulu. If you are into Indigenous Women then it’s your jam. If you are just an average fan of the Predator franchise, I think (to steal a phrase from a friend) if you go into it with medium expectations, then you will find them fulfilled.
- I have a new interview up at New Books Network with Rosemary Lévy Zumwalt on the first volume of her two volume biography of Franz Boas.
- My copy of Chokepoint Capitalism arrived from Kickstarter. It’s been a while since I read anything from Cory Doctorow, so I’m hoping I enjoy it as much as have enjoyed his other works.
- I love funny, smart jazz songs and Elise Roth’s “Massachusetts” has that in spades. Not sure there’s a link to it on the open web, however.
There’s more to say but I’ll keep this short so I can get back to work… take care all!